Sunday, January 10, 2010

My first blog

Hello,

This is my first blog, inspired by the movie "Julie & Julia." I am a middle-aged, married woman who has been selling high-end cosmetics on Ebay now for over 2 years. In a former life, I worked as a paralegal and then a medical transcriptionist for over 8 years. Typing medical reports and translating foreign doctors' poor English into "sensible" English burned me out, so I decided to do something I really enjoyed and make some money at the same time.

I have always loved makeup as a teenager and could not wait to be able to finally wear it. I, like most women, am obsessed with the packaging of cosmetics and love the way they look when you first open them up. It is important to me that you get that "wow factor" when you open up the box to get a rush of exhilaration from what you buy, just as I love that same sensation when I purchase things.


I researched the Ebay marketplace for a year before I took the plunge. I must back up a bit and say the line I chose to kick off my Ebay venture was inspired by Bare Minerals. I visited the Mall of America where I had my makeup done at the store there. I was so impressed by the product, I decided to sell it and bring it to women at a more affordable price.

Finding good wholesalers, trusted and honest, was the hardest part of launching my new career. After all, if you don't have products consumers want, you will not sell anything. I knew Bare Minerals was a popular brand and actually worked the way it said it would, so I began there. After hitting several dead ends, I finally found someone who was willing to sell Bare Minerals to me at a wholesale price, and thus began my Ebay venture.

I started out with 8 products my first Christmas and now have over 200 items for sale including, of course, Bare Minerals, MAC (professional cosmetics), Bobbi Brown (another beautiful line), Estee Lauder, Smashbox, Urban Decay, Bare Minerals, and Molton Brown. Within the last year I have expanded my line to include skincare items such as Bliss, Skin Code, Orlane and Estee Lauder. I also have added Molton Brown bath & body products.

If I had to sum it up, my site is best described as pamper and luxury items. None of these products can be purchased at a drug store or big box store. Indulgence and pamper are keys here.

Of course, I have educated myself on various brands and have learned so much in the process. One of the things I pride myself on is honesty. There are many knock-offs on Ebay and all over the net. I absolutely WILL NOT sell fake, counterfeit or knock-off items. I take great pains to make sure they meet the highest quality control standard I set for myself and I buy ONLY from trusted wholesalers and suppliers I personally know and trust. I have purchased item from these individuals many times and have strong relationships with them.

As far as customer service, my goal is 5 stars on each and every sales. I treat you the way I love to be treated, which translates to superb customer service and customer satisfaction. I stand by every item I sell.

I hope you take a look at what I have to offer. If you mention you found my site via this blog, I will offer you free shipping.

Please visit my links:

Ebay: http://shop.ebay.com/suem427/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
Bonanzle: http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/Dusk_to_Dawn_Beauty
Ecrater: makeup4you.ecrater.com

Here's to happy blogging:) Sue at Dusk to Dawn Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment